Delusionist (Animefest 2016 winner)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DrPenguin
Org Profile

Delusionist (Animefest 2016 winner)

Post by DrPenguin » Wed May 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello guys,
this is my first attempt to make a crossover AMV with a little bit of action and neat storyline. I had a pretty good feedback from the contest I entered and won (Animefest 2016 in Czech Republic). Hope you will enjoy it as well!

Video: Delusionist
Category: Drama, Action, Serious
Anime: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mawaru Penguindrum, Steins;Gate, Hunter x Hunter, Fate/Stay UBW, Tari Tari, Bakemonogatari
Music: Halsey - Gasoline
Author: DrPenguin

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Delusionist (Animefest 2016 winner)

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed May 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Deserved AF win,what else can I say? :>

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Overused anime in a crossover AMV? Not generally my cup of tea, but wow I loved this. Yet another unique take on Madoka, with a (for once) super clear story and top-notch editing. Also, props for not giving in (too much) to the Umika-style color manipulation that usually plagues these videos and makes them all look exactly the same. Really fantastic job, one of my favorite videos from 2016 so far.

DrPenguin
Org Profile

Post by DrPenguin » Mon May 09, 2016 7:06 am

Wow, thank you so much, I am glad you like it so much! :>

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed May 11, 2016 10:08 am

I wish that you had done just a little bit more with the guy from Penguindrum, but the concept and execution was still really good. And the ending totally sells it. Good job :up:

DrPenguin
Org Profile

Post by DrPenguin » Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks!
I was suffering from lack of footage with this guy. If I had a bit more time, I would have probably made some cool looking scenes.
But next time I will try harder ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”